Monday, April 16, 2012

Ballpark Pretzels

Every week, our church small group does dinner together before our discussion time and each week has a different theme for the potluck meal.  Last week, our theme was Ballpark Food! Any and everything you can get while watching baseball at your favorite ballpark.  I had all the ingredients for soft pretzels, so I thought I'd give it a shot!  I used this recipe and had, unfortuneatly mixed success with it.  Next time, I think I'll try a different recipe just to see what the differences are.

Before rising.



After boiling/baking.


The results looked good, but were kind of strange.  Parts of them tasted pretty good, while other parts tasted really bad! (To me, it seemed almost like pockets of yeast had gathered in areas and gave a very bitter taste...not sure though.  The dough was mixed well in a KitchenAid mixer.)  If anyone else tries this recipe or finds a better one, let me know your results!!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment